Wednesday 30 August 2017

Tsum Tsum Winnie the Pooh, Piglet & Tigger Earl Grey Macarons

My friend wanted to surprise her sister with a Winnie the Pooh themed birthday treat so she requested for some Pooh themed macarons :)

Pooh, Piglet and Tigger!

She wanted to bring the macarons to an island resort where she would spring the surprise on her sister. So I had to make sure that the macarons are not too fragile (therefore the choice of Tsum Tsum designs) and contain fillings that can survive a boat ride. I have highlighted in this post the various pointers about creating macarons that are meant to survive longer (and possibly slightly bumpy) transportation and storage out of fridge so I will not repeat it here.

I used the reduced sugar recipe for the macaron shells here. Both regular and reduced sugar recipes can be found here. You may refer to my Creative Baking: Macarons book for a systematic presentation of the basics and complex shaped macarons. You may refer to my video tutorials for macaron basics and piping of complex shapes on the blog too.

Just to share some photos of the process...

Piping the shells!

Freshly baked shells and beginning to decorate with royal icing and edible marker. Check out the feet on the shells too!


I filled the macarons with Earl Grey white chocolate ganache.


I hope these cuties brightened up your day just as they did for me as I worked on them :).

With love,
Phay Shing

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I only bake these for family and friends as they are copyrighted

      Delete
  2. Hi, these are beautiful! Is there a template that I can use?

    ReplyDelete