Monday 19 June 2017

Heart-Shaped Iced Brown Sugar Cookies

Social workers are a great support to many families in Singapore but their services often go unrecognized. I had the privilege to bake some door gifts for these people who have given their services with a big heart some months ago.

A special large cookie with a "K" was made for a staff who was leaving.

I have written a very detailed step by step recipe for the brown sugar cookie base and royal icing decoration in this post so I shall not repeat it here. Let me just reiterate that I have been using the same recipe for a few years because I always get rave reviews for these cookies in terms of taste. They have excellent shelf life of about 1.5 months at tropical room temperature when sealed so you can make these way ahead of time.

I was really busy with this large batch of 51 heart shaped cookies and another 20 PJ Mask cookies so I didn't take many photos. Here are a couple of works-in-progress photos of the cookies..




With love,
Phay Shing


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, these look delicious!! I have such a fondness for those hear shaped Christmas time cookies & these sound so easy to make - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words and you are welcome :)

      Delete