Monday 30 January 2017

Pirate Strawberry and Dark Chocolate Macarons

This is an overdue post of pirate macarons that I made some time back. Don't they look so cheerful that they put a smile on your face?


If they look familiar, that's because I made them more than a year ago for a sea themed party over here. I baked these friendly pirates along with the request for Lego Friends themed macarons.

I used the reduced sugar recipe for the macaron shells here. Both regular and reduced sugar recipes can be found here. You may refer to my Creative Baking: Macarons book for a systematic presentation of the basics and complex shaped macarons. You may refer to my video tutorials for macaron basics and piping of complex shapes on the blog too.

Just to share a few pictures of the process...

Piping the shells

Freshly baked shells along with the Lego Friends bake!

Decorating with royal icing and edible black marker. I used silver dragees for the earrings, stuck on with a bit of royal icing.

I filled the pirates with strawberry and dark chocolate ganache. The recipe for both types of fillings can be found here.


With love,
Phay Shing

No comments:

Post a Comment