Sunday 16 October 2016

'Hello Kitty Tsum Tsum' with Chiffon Layers 'Drip Cake'



I made this for a close friend's daughter on Friday! Thankful the cake was well-loved by everyone!

I have previously tried a Chiffon Rainbow 'Drip Cake' combining both 'waves' with 'rainbow chiffon' from Creative baking: Chiffon Cakes. Here, I was trying to see if I could improvise by making the waves and rainbow layers 50-50. Maybe the effect is not as nice, but I will continue to think about it and improve haha! I used the same base recipe as my Rainbow Tiedye Vanilla Chiffon but changed the configuration of the batter as mentioned above, i.e. spoon the pink batter in waves, fill with cream batter, and layer with blue and purple. The picture tutorial for 'waves' and 'rainbow layer chiffon' is found in Creative baking: Chiffon Cakes.

I have made a few Tsum Tsum previously too, joining two bowl cakes with a 4-inch chiffon cake in between (for picture for the molds, see my previous Donald/Daisy Tsum Tsum). I used melted marshmallows to glue everything together, including the letters cut out from chiffon cake!

Hope you will like this sweet creation too! <3

With lots of love,
Susanne


Here's the cover for
Creative baking: Chiffon Cakes (Chiffon book 1)
mentioned above



has just been restocked at Popular.







2 comments:

  1. Hi susanne.. whr can i buy this book at malaysia bookstore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi the book will be in Malaysia after 23rd Oct at Kinokuniya and selected Popular stores. Alternatively, you can already purchase it online on their Kinokuniya website. https://malaysia.kinokuniya.com/bw/9789814751629
      Thanks!

      Delete