Sunday 10 July 2016

Thomas the Train Engine Yard Chiffon Cake



I was given the challenging task of making a Thomas the train engine yard from chiffon cake for a dear mummy friend so.natty some time back. My first thought was that it was not possible. But then I realized it was actually similar to pointed waves in the new cookbook, Deco Chiffon Cakes in the pipeline. After I stuck some green chiffon sheet cake planks with melted marshmallows over, it looked like an engine shed! The trains here are not made from chiffon though haha.. I once made a chiffon Thomas and almost died! So I told her I was unable to make so many.. =p


I would like to share a great find for natural red food coloring introduced by a baking friend. I didn’t know baking supplies stores carry a PME line of natural food coloring (only available for some colors). The natural red coloring from cochineal is a great addition to red yeast rice powder for coloring the cake red naturally. The PME also carries natural green food colour. Unfortunately, blue was not available, so I had to use blue pea flowers (with a dip of wilton blue gel to brighten the shade).

Chiffon cake was lemon chiffon cake, divided 2/3 red and 1/3 blue as mentioned above.

Thankful cake was very well-received and my friend shared the lemon chiffon was really yummy!

With lots of love,
Susanne


More loving creations here:

Creative Baking: Chiffon Cakes


and Deco Chiffon Cakes (in the works)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Susanne, your creation of thomas cake above is amazing. do you take order? i am very eager to have this for my son birthday. waiting for your response. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete