Sunday 24 January 2016

Rainbow Tiedye Heart Vanilla Chiffon Cake and Cake pops


I rarely post undecorated chiffon cakes, but this was so pretty by itself I just had to share it!

I really wasn’t so adventurous to make the Rainbow Tiedye again, but it was specifically requested by my friend and in shape of a heart! I’m glad I was able to make a nicer one this time with some practice from the last cake. This is actually a cake with a chiffon Snoopy on top as her son loves Snoopy (will be posting this in future ;))! And this chiffon is vanilla-flavoured, like my rainbow chiffon cake, instead of Yuzu.


I used a 7-inch heart chiffon tin that I bought from TSB (The Story Begins), as well as medium size silicone heart moulds for the chiffon pops. Before you jump into the process, I find it helpful to visualise how thick you want each line to be in order to have equal thickness across the tin/mould before you begin.



I had leftover batter which I used to make 2 smaller heart chiffon pops using silicone hearts mould.


The recipe with picture tutorial is now in Deco Chiffon Cakes book, out at all major bookstores!


Have a sweet week ahead!

With lots of love,
Susanne

First creative chiffon book, Creative Baking: Chiffon Cakes.



18 comments:

  1. How did you manage to have the colors so straight and did not mixed with the other colors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just need to spoon each batter individually diagonally. If the meringue is of the right consistency, the viscosity will be such that they do not mix. Thanks

      Delete
  2. Hi. For pt 4 adding caster sugar, do you continue mixing using mixer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean when you add the sugar? Usually I stop but if you can manage you can continue to mix while you add. Yes you continue to mix after you add the sugar in 2 additions (1/2 each time).

      Delete
  3. Hi, with the pan on the table, how do you prevent batter of one colour from flowing into the other colour?I I can't imagine how to fill the pan vertically

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It shouldn't as it's rather viscous. Thanks Wendy

      Delete
  4. Lovely chiffon, totally impressed with all your creations and thanks for sharing them. May I know do you conduct Private lessons? is TSB located in Ubi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. not yet. TSB is The Story Begins. They have a fb page so you know their locations.

      Delete
  5. Hi, I bought the Chiffon Cakes book. Just wanna check your ingredient include water. However, water was not used in the steps. When do we add in the water?

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I know is it OK to use normal baking tray instead of those for chiffon mould (hole in the center)?
    As for your recipe can I steam instead of bake? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes can use normal pan. Steam baking is ok, but if you steam and the water condensation drops onto the cake, the batter will deflate so not recommended. Thanks

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your reply Suzanne. ��

      Delete
  7. Test the recipe. The chiffon is abit wet and also abit sweet. Anyway to reduce the sugar use? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shanice, if it's a bit wet, it is likely underbaked by a little.. try baking it a little longer until the top is totally try. When it's dry, it will also taste less sweet. You can opt to reduce the sugar as well =) Reduce from the egg yolk batter portion. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Hi Susanne, the recipe for rainbow layer cake (as set out in your book) and this recipe is the same save for the amount of water. Rainbow layer cake calls for 70g water, while this calls for 70ml. What is the rationale for the difference?

    Thanks in advance!

    Regards
    Shuz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, please ignore my above post!!!!!

      Delete
  9. Hi, may i know why the bottom of my chiffon cake became sticky after cool down?

    ReplyDelete