Thursday 22 October 2015

Pororo Chiffon Cake


I made this Pororo Chiffon Cake quite a while back but haven’t gotten down to blogging due to the crazy busyness with the Creative Chiffons book we’re working on. Yesterday we wrapped up the last photoshoot with Marshall Cavendish, so thank God for that! =)

This chiffon cake base is actually a two-tone 'Frozen' landscape chiffon cake, but I forgot to take a picture of the side profile! It’s my humble attempt at making a ‘pop-out’ Pororo from chiffon cake, not easy at all due to Pororo’s many features like helmet with ‘P’, googles and beaks etc. For Pororo, I did something similar to Super Mario by cutting and joining 2 bowl chiffon cakes ie, I cut an oval from a yellow bowl cake and did likewise for the white bowl cake, and put the white one into the yellow one. The rest are a mixture of cutting and carving, with the arms and bodies are from swissrolls. I cut the rainbow letters from rainbow-colored chiffon cake layers for a sweet dreamy look with the snowy landscape.

Made with lots of love, sorry for the super belated post! =p
Susanne

6 comments:

  1. Hi - I came across your blog thru a post at FB BC Page. You ladies are insane! I am so impressed with you trying to use all natural ingredients (vs yucky fondant that looks good but taste terrible) in making cakes that rival those made from fondant deco. But it does looks v tedious as you have to make the cake layers for deco yourself :(.

    May i ask why you use swissroll receipe for the decoration? btw - is the book published? I will definitely go buy one! So proud we have such creative bakers in SG too! (full time mums no less!!)

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice for your kind encouragements! It's a passion ;). As for swissrolls, they were used for the arms that look like swissrolls :). Creative baking: Chiffon cakes will be out in stores in January 2016 at Kinokuniya, Times and bigger Popular stores. Thanks you and God bless!

      Delete
    2. Looking forward to the book!
      Btw may I ask in general when you say pan for the main cake - does it always refer to chiffon pans (ie the one with a hole in the middle)? it all the cakes has a hole but you always managed to hide them through decoration? I figured the bakings for the decorations are probably done through normal cake pans (i.e not chiffon pan) as you don't need the height.
      Alice

      Delete
    3. I use normal chiffon tube pans (with hole), except for special cakes like the lego or green Monster, where I I use pans without hole. I prefer using those with holes because you do get a taller cake with no holes). I use the hole to hide surprises in them. My earlier cakes I always talk about covering the hole, but after a while I felt like a broken recorder :p so now I just tag 'pinata'. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Hi Susanne, you really a creative baker, impress with your chiffon cake creations. Can I get your book at Malaysia book store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes at selected Popular stores in Malaysia, Kinokuniya, MPHonline.
      You may need to ask at the counter. Thanks!

      Delete