Tuesday 22 September 2015

Snoopy and Woodstock Peanuts-themed Tier Chiffon Cake


Oh boy! Good grief! Little Ollie is turning One! Dream Big!

This is one of my favorite cakes I’ve made so far because I’m so in love with the dreamy theme of Snoopy lying on the house with Woodstock with their silhouettes against the setting sun! And it’s for a lovely mummy friend who has been such a joy to bake for, is always smiling, and has her own wonderful blog so.natty! We designed the cake together so it was special. 

My favorite is the whimsical Charlie brown yellow tier that’s all naturally colored, with the trademark black Charlie brown zigzags cut from charcoal chiffon cake. There’s also the sweet and colorful sky-grass landscape tier made from Blue pea flowers-Pandan chiffon cake, with pop-out balloons from chiffon cake pops! We wanted to make a statement with Oliver, hence the white-black top tier from Reduced egg yolk vanilla chiffon with cute snoopy paws! 

The Snoopy and Woodstock were also made entirely from chiffon cake. The Snoopy and Woodstock needed quite a bit of carving since it was quite different from the sitting version I made previously, so super thankful it turned out fine. It was also one of my more difficult, larger and structurally challenging cakes, so was super thankful it was really well-received! Yes I’m repeating myself ‘cuz I’m really super thankful haha.

Happy belated birthday dear Ollie! Dream Big!

With lots of love,
Susanne

1 comment: