Sunday 21 September 2014

Rilakkuma Orange Chiffon Cake


This is a beary happy and loving creation I made for a little boy who loves Rilakkuma! I love it so much myself too, so I was really happy to revisit Rilakkuma. I had made an orange ogura Korilakkuma cake (the gf) sometime back. The steps are similar but I have used a chocolate chiffon cake recipe (scroll down to the bottom) instead for a brown Rilakkuma. You can follow the steps but simply substitute the recipe for chocolate chiffon, scaled down to 2 egg yolks.

I wanted to Rilakkuma to look like he was hugging a pink heart pillow with his name in dreamland :). Hence I baked an extra white and pink cake (vanilla chiffon cake) for cutting out the heart and some white clouds.


The Rilakkuma is placed atop an orange chiffon cake (my favorite!) loaded with orange zest... with hidden marshmallows to add to the dreamy theme! I had shared the recipe previously so I won't go into much detail here :). I used melted marshmallows to glue everything together.

I was very thankful his mummy shared that the cake was well-received by all the kids! It was such as joy to make this. Happy birthday to Louis! :)

With lots of love,
Susanne


4 comments:

  1. Hi Susanne, ha it's sooo cute & lovely ! How I wished I could turn back the clock and be a kid to receive such lovely adorable birthday cake :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee thanks Karen! I still love cute stuffs ^_^

      Delete
  2. Susanne, this is such a sweet and adorable cake, my girl being a Rilakkuma fan will definitely love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl!! Will love to bake for her sometime if given the opportunity, although her mummy is so talented! :D

      Delete