Monday 6 January 2014

Strawberry Yoghurt Chiffon "Watermelon" and "Strawberry" Pops


I woke up one morning and had the sudden inspiration to dress up my chiffon pops as fruits! This was the very first of the chiffon fruit pops created!

I had a very close group of mummy friends whose kids had just started N1, and wanted to gift these chiffon fruit pops to the kids for being so brave! Since these were for kids, I went for strawberry yoghurt chiffon which is healthy and popular with kids.

I baked the chiffon cakes in paper cones and egg shells similar to that of the rainbow chiffon cake pops to make the "watermelon" slices and "strawberries" respectively.

I used food marker to draw on the seeds of the watermelon and let it dry.

The kids had fun guessing what fruits they were :p One of my happiest bakes! :)

With love,
Susanne

My recipe is now in Creative Baking: Chiffon Cakes book, out at all major bookstores!



And here's a video tutorial for making the Watermelon Chiffon Cake pops! Very privilege to be shot by the pros at Smart parents.sg, mediacorp!





7 comments:

  1. Dear Susanne, may i know what type of paper u use for making the conical cup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the paper cups for drinking. Found them at SKP. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. What is the size for this cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Size of the cone cake is like an ice cream cone. Size of the round cake is like an egg. Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. Can I ask if it is safe to use the paper cups from skp to bake? The lady at skp said no quite insistently when she heard that I was going to use the paper cups for baking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good. My Indonesian friends made their own cones from baking paper too. You can try that too. Thanks

      Delete
  4. if i make my own cones using baking paper, how big should the diameter be? Btw, can i used colored marshmallows if i do not have white at home? Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete